Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just ask... Demande...

After sending Olivia put something in her room, I heard a loud scream followed by a good cry:
- Olivia, what happened?
- Em... Emily... (sob)... Em... (sob)...
So I turned to Big Sister
- What did you do?
- Nothing! I just said "Hi" nicely to her and she screamed!
Mmmm... There is obviously more to this story, my mommy senses tell me...
- Where were you when you said "Hi"?
- In her closet...

Après avoir demandé à Olivia d'aller serrer quelque chose dans sa chambre, j'ai entendu un gros hurlement, suivi de pleurs:
- Olivia, qu'est-ce qui se passe?
- Em... Emily... (sanglot)... Em... (sanglot)...
Je me suis donc tournée vers Grande Soeur
- Qu'as-tu fait?
- Rien! Je lui ai juste dit "Allo" gentiment et elle s'est mise à hurler!
Mmmm... Il y a plus à cette histoire, mon sixième sens me dit...
- Où étais-tu quand tu as dit "Allo"?
- Dans son garde-robe...

Spending time one on one with Olivia, wherever and whenever, is like an Olympic Marathon for the ears. The girl can chat up a storm, and then some. So, last week, Daddy asked her
- Olivia, why do you talk so much?
- Because I can! And I want to!
As honest an answer as can be, don't you think?

Dépenser du temps en tête-à-tête avec Olivia, n'importe quand et n'importe où, est comme un marathon olympique pour les oreilles. La fille peut placotter pour des heures, et encore plus. Alors la semaine dernière, Papa a demandé:
- Olivia, pourquoi parles-tu tant?
- Parce que je peux! Et je veux!
Plutôt honnête comme réponse, ne trouvez-vous pas?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. They sure give you a run for your money!
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete