Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Heard in my house... Entendu au passage

3 things that made me laugh out loud:
3 choses qui m'ont fait rire:

1) When O and Clover (the dog) walked by me in the kitchen and I heard "OK, now it is your turn to be the kitty!"
Quand O et Clover (le chien) ont traversé la cuisine et j'ai entendu "OK, maintenant c'est a ton tour d'être le minou!"

2) Yesterday, before taking O to the movie for the first time, I was reviewing the "rules" with both of them... (You know, remain in your seat, when your popcorn is gone you don't get mine, that sort of things!) So, when I told them that we cannot talk at the movie, I asked them to show me how they would whisper if they needed to tell me something... This is how it went:
Me: Show me how you'll whisper
Em: (normal voice) I don't know what to say
Me: Just say "I'm whispering"
Em: (whisper) I'm whispering...
Me: Now Ollie, show me how you'll whisper
Ol: (whisper and twinkle in her eyes) Mommy tooted!
Well, at least I knew she understood the concept of whispering!
Hier, avant d'emmener O au cinéma pour la première fois, on a révisé les "règles" toutes ensembles... (Vous savez, reste dans ton siège, si tu finis ton popcorn ne touche pas au mien, des choses comme ça!) Alors, quand je leur ai dit que l'on ne pouvait pas parler au cinéma, je leur ai demandé de me montrer comment elles chuchoteraient si elles avaient besoin de me dire quelque chose... Voici comment ça c'est déroulé:
Moi: Montre-moi comment tu chuchotes
Em: (voix normale) Je ne sais pas quoi dire
Moi: dit seulement "Je chuchote"
Em: (chuchotement) Je chuchote...
Moi: Maintenant Ollie, montre-moi comment tu chuchotes
Ol: (chuchotement et étincelle dans les yeux) Mommy a pété!
Au moins, je sais qu'elle comprends le concept!

3) This week-end, Emily told me that for the next school concert, she will make sure to bow and curse! Now if that doesn't paint a vivid picture in your mind... On this one, I couldn't keep the laugh out of my voice when I explained the difference between a curse and a curtsy!
Désolée, celle-la ne se traduit pas!

1 comment:

  1. So how much fun is it that you are writing this stuff down??? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete