My daughters got those fantastic (hum...) plastic princess shoes from their grandmother last week. In addition to being dangerous (hard plastic on laminate floor... no need to be a physicist to visualize the slippery factor!), they are extremely noisy. But oh... so popular right now in our house!
Anyway, tonight it was my job to keep Ollie busy to let Miss Em practice her piano. She was wearing pants, her fantastic shoes and matching big plastic clip-on earings. And she declared herself beautiful (in her language "beatyful").
So, I tell her I want to be beautiful too. First mistake... I got the look that said "Are you out of your mind? This is so totally a lost cause!". So I point at my feet and ask her to try her shoes on me. The beautiful thing about 3 year-olds is that they'll actually try. For real. And this is how the conversation went from that point on:
- No fit Mommy. You need to be little.
- No shoes for me then.
- No no, you wait until you get little.
- You think I will get little?
- No no, not right now (eyes roll and laugh as in "you're so crazy mommy"). You need to wait for your birthday and then you get little.
What do you say? Are you with me on this? As we accumulate birthdays, let's get younger! And littler! But let's ditch those darn plastic shoes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh I am SO on the same page! But I like the sparkly shoes...can I keep them?
ReplyDelete