The in-laws are visiting this week-end. Enough said. But it sets the scene for a few new Olivia-isms...
1) Obviously the concept of grand-parents hasn't completely kicked in because yesterday she asked me "Do they have kids?"
2) Last night, Paul projected all summer pictures on the TV for them and Emily was narrating. Despite having said for about 15 pictures "this was at my birthday...", at some point her grand-mother asked if the pictures were taken at some birthday. Olivia, sitting between her grandparents on the couch said, deadpan "Well, there is a birthday cake, duh!" Yes, it is rude but we let this one go because in order to remind her about her manners we would have had to break the concentration it took to contain the laughter.
3) Olivia and I went grocey shopping this afternoon and while waiting in line for the cashier, she was in the seat part of the cart and caressing my arms.
- Mommy, I love you!
- I love you too Olivia.
- I love you because you are the best.
- Thanks Olivia, you are pretty cool yourself.
- And I love shopping with you.
- Me too.
- And I will be good for you always!
- (thinking yeah right...) You are so nice!
- And I'll always share my candies with you...
No answer on my part, quite puzzled actually by the last statement... until...
- Mommy, can you buy me candy?
- Not today honey.
- Fine, you'll have to wait until Halloween then for me to share my candies with you!
(Can I get that in writting?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tee hee hee hee! Glad somethings don't change!
ReplyDelete