Do you hear this?
Listen...
Now?
What about now?
Listen carefully...
Quiet isn't it?
Entendez-vous?
Écoutez...
Maintenant?
Maintenant alors?
Écoutez attentivement...
Silencieux, n'est-ce pas?
This is what my saturday night sounds like! Paul and the girls are camping in the backyard of a friend's house with a friend and his daughters. So it is two guys, four little girls and two tents for a whole night! The mom friend is away for the week-end, so who was I to dare intrude on a father-daughter fun night? Plus someone had to stay behind with the dog and the cat. And I am sick with a cold. Truly, I am. I am starting to feel better, but why take the chance? Anyway, I tried (in vain) to wipe the smile off my face as I imagined my quiet night alone. And started to make plans. Which I totally ignored in favor of a good book and a bowl of popcorn. And I ignored the dishes. And the laundry to be folded. And I will let the cat sleep in my bed. Woo-hoo! Evelyne's wild night!
C'est ce que mon samedi soir sonne comme! Paul et les filles sont en camping dans la cour chez un ami avec cet ami et ses deux filles. Donc, il s'agit de deux gars, quatre petite filles et deux tentes pour toute un nuit! La maman amie est partie pour la fin de semaine, alors pour qui je me prendrait pour m'imposer dans une soirée père-fille comme celle-la? De toute façon, il fallait que quelqu'un reste avec le chien et le chat. Et puis je suis malade avec un rhume. Vraiment, je le suis. Je commence a me sentir mieux, mais pourquoi prendre la chance? J'ai essayé (en vain) d'enlever le sourire de mon visage a l'idée de ma soirée tranquille a la maison. Et j'ai commencé a faire des plans. Que j'ai complètement ignorés en faveur d'un bon livre et d'un bol de pop corn. Et j'ai ignoré la vaisselle. Et le linge a plier. Et je laisserai le chat dormir dans mon lit. Woo-hoo! La folle soirée d'Evelyne!
Now I wonder how their night is going? While Emily is scared that there will be skunks and bears around the tent, Olivia was more nervous about dinosaurs and dragons...
Je me demande toutefois comment se passe leur nuit... Emily a peur qu'il y ait des moufettes et des ours autour de la tente, alors qu'Olivia est nerveuse a propos des dinosaures et des dragons...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, just don't worry, BE HAPPY!
ReplyDeleteMélanie xxx
I second that, Melanie! Hooray for you by ignoring the dishes and the laundry, Evelyne! I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDelete