Monday, June 22, 2009

The mouse... La souris...

I don't really remember when it started but lately there has been evidence of a mouse problem. Oh, the signs were very subtle at first, a trail of crumbs here, a dropped grape there. But lately, this mouse has become bolder and bolder. Impossible to ignore the signs anymore: a chair forgotten by the kitchen counter, the fleeting sight of little tiny hands stealing a piece of carrot as your back is turned to stir the soup... So this week-end, I set up a trap: irresistible bait (a bowl of grapes) was left on a low shelf in the fridge (yes,did I mention this mouse can open the fridge door, or sometimes even the freezer door?). And then I pretended to leave the room, camouflaged myself (same old pyjamas, standing in the corner of the kitchen) and only waited for about 30 seconds until the little mouse showed up... Here, look at her yourself:

Je ne me souviens pas exactement quand ça a commencé, mais dernièrement on a un petit problème de souris. Oh, les signes étaient très subtils au début, des petites miettes ici, un raisin échappé la. Mais dernièrement, la souris est de plus en plus brave. Impossible d'ignorer les évidences: une chaise oubliée au comptoir de cuisine, la vision floue de petites mains qui volent un morceau de carotte quand votre dos est tourné pour brasser la soupe... Donc, en fin de semaine, je l'ai piégé: un appat irrésistible (un bol de raisins) sur la tablette du frigo la plus basse (oui, ai-je mentionné que la petite souris peut ouvrir le frigo, et parfois même le congélateur?) Et puis j'ai prétendu quitter la cuisine, je me suis camouflée (même vieux pyjama, debout dans le coin) et n'ai attendu que 30 secondes avant que la petite souris n'apparaisse... Jetez-y un coup d'oeil vous-même:



And this little mouse is very resourceful, she even grabed a container from my cupboards to be able to carry more grapes in one visit. Et cette petite souris est très débrouillarde, elle a même pris un contenant de mes armoires pour pouvoir transporter plus de raisin a la fois.



Scrunched up face and crossed legs... now where did I see this look before? Definitely not in a play yard!
Face contorsionnée et jambes croisées... ou ai-je vu ce regard avant? Définitivement pas dans la cour de jeu!






Smile under construction... come back later! Sourire en construction... revenez bientôt!








3 comments:

  1. Love the little butt sticking out!!! Too funny, because I read the story at the top and then had to scroll down to see the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help it...I need to comment again...I love the last picture of Emily! So natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Those are great pictures!

    H xox

    ReplyDelete