Monday, March 5, 2012

The groupie... La groupie...

When I was six years-old, I was a devoted Goldorak fan. Goldorak was a robot from outer space piloted by the cute Actarus. Yes, it was a cartoon. (And I have seen an episode again in my 20s, and can say that it was a very poorly made cartoon!) But in my six-years old eyes, Goldorak and Actarus were simply awesome and I would fall asleep at night imagining myself in their adventures. No kidding! I did not care for singers or actors until later. A lot later. As in teenage years-later. So, it is with a bit of a surprise that I found out about Olivia's secret crush...

Quand j'avais six ans, j'étais une fan dévouée à Goldorak. Goldorak était un robot de l'espace piloté par le beau Actarus. Oui, c'était un dessin animé. (Et depuis que j'ai visionné à nouveau un épisode dans la vingtaine, je peux maintenant dire que c'était un dessin animé de très pauvre qualité!) Mais à mes yeux de six ans, Goldorak et Actarus étaient fantastiques et je m'endormais le soir en m'imaginant dans leurs aventures. Pas de farce! Je ne m'intéressai qu'aux acteurs et chanteurs que plus tard. Sérieusement plus tard. Comme adolescence-plus tard. C'est pourquoi j'ai été un peu surprise de découvrir le petit faible d'Olivia...

It started quite innocently, with her bringing back a sheet of paper home from school. They have been talking about francophone artists all year, so it is normal that Roch Voisine would pop up at some point. She showed us his picture and then sat at the table, where she spent a good 5 minutes writting something carefully under the picture...

Ça a commencé bien innocemment, avec elle qui a ramené une feuille de l'école. Comme ils parlent beaucoup d'artistes de la francophonie cette année, il était bien normal que Roch Voisine retontisse un jour ou l'autre. Elle nous a montré sa photo puis s'est assise à la table, ou elle a passé un bon 5 minutes à écrire quelque chose sous la photo...














2 comments:

  1. Pssit, Olivia, I really like Roch Voisine too. But, don't tell my husband! Yo ma cousine, Goldorack, really?! Didn't you watch Candy when you were a kid? I had a secret crush on Anthony... Jean downloaded the series for Cassandre and I never miss an opportunity to watch a few episodes with her (and have a good cry, as we all do when we watch Candy)... Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. And it begins. She always has and always will have a bit of drama to her personality (takes after me). I remember being infatuated with Shawn Cassidy and then John Stamos (he was then "Blackie" on General Hospital).

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete