Thursday, October 1, 2009

Single again... Célibataire à nouveau...

Don't worry, I am not talking about myself! I am talking about Olivia. First, I'll backtrack a bit and explain that this summer she declared that she got married. Don't be offended by not being invited... As the mother of the bride, I was not even told until after the fact. Apparently, they eloped at day care. It all happened on a rainy day (don't know if it was raining, it just add to the romance of the description!) when they were sitting on the couch together. Her Romeo turned, gazed in her eyes and kissed her. And then TA-DAA! They were married, just like that. During our vacation, she frequently mentioned him and declared that she missed her husband! I suspect that she was a little bit high-maintenance however, from the rules that she told me she gave him: he couldn't kiss another girl and he could only marry her (because apparently, every kiss is a new wedding!). (Oh, her future boyfriends just have no idea what they'll be in for!).

So, back to the present and the newly single gal... I hadn't heard about Romeo (You will have guessed by now that this is not his real name, but to protect his privacy, we'll call him that) for quite a while, so I asked her how he was. "Good" she replied, "but we're no longer married". "Oh, what happened?" "Well, he has a boyfriend now!" And then she started to sing "Romeo and Boyfriend are kissing in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G..."

Oh boy! This kid will be a teenager someday...!

Ne vous inquiétez pas, je ne parle pas de moi! Il s'agit d'Olivia. Premièrement, je vais remonter dans le temps et expliquer qu'elle s'est mariée cet été. Ne soyez pas insulté de ne pas avoir été invité... En temps que mère de la mariée, je ne l'ai pas su avant que le fait sopit accompli. Aparamment, il s'agit d'un mariage spontané à la garderie. Tout est arrivé un beau jour de pluis (en fait, je ne sais pas s'il pleuvait, mais ça contribue au romantique de l'histoire!) quand ils étaient assis ensamble sur le divan. Son Roméo s'est tourné, l'a regardée dans les yeux et l'a embrassée. Et puis TA-DAA! Ils étaient mariés, juste comme ça. Pendant nos vacances, elle l'a mentionné souvent et nous a déclaré qu'elle s'ennuyait de son mari! Je soupçonne qu'elle est un petit peu "haute maintenance" d'après les règles qu'elle m'a dit lui avoir imposé: il ne peut embrasser qu'elle et ne doit marrier qu'elle (parce que, apparament, chaque baiser est un nouveau marriage!). (Oh, comme ses futurs petits copains n'ont aucune idée de ce qui les attends!)

Donc, de retour au présent et à la nouvelle célibataire... Comme je n'avais pas entendu parler de Roméo (vous aurez deviné que je n'utilise pas son vrai nom pour le protéger!) depuis quelque temps, je lui ai demandé comment il allait. "Bien" me répondit-elle, "mais nous ne sommes plus mariés." "Oh, qu'est-ce qui est arrivé?" "Bien, il a un chum maintenant!" et puis elle s'est mise à chanter "Roméo et Copain s'embrassent sous un arbre..."

Oh boy! Cette enfant sera une adolescente un jour!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, now I see why you changed his name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to roll off my chair from laughing! Leave it to Ollie!

    H xox

    ReplyDelete